One too many Christmas outfits?

Christmas is my absolute favourite time of year! Everybody seems so much more friendlier and happier and the Christmas cheer really does seem to go around. I am all about trying to start new traditions with our little family also keeping with some good old ones, such as when I was little we were only allowed to open our Quality street tin on Christmas eve when we would sit down to play a good old game of frustration around the Christmas tree with a movie on in the background. I also still have to watch The Grinch as it is my all time favourite festive film along with many others closely behind!

One tradition that I started when Jacob was born but have only done for the first two years, as it gets more expensive the bigger the clothes the older they are, is to dress the kids from the 1st of December to the 26th of December in a festive outfit everyday!! Expensive I know, but I didn't buy 26 outfits, I was behaved slightly and bought 16 in Jacobs first year and he just rewore a few to take him up until the 26th day!

The quality of this photo isn't great but just look at how cute he looks!!!

In his second year it helped as I worked in the clothing store Next which did the cutest Christmas tops but I didn't buy as many that year as I couldn't seem to find as many that I loved and wanted to put him in! I find that they do soo many cute ones when they are babies but they don't seem to do as many nice ones when they grow up but maybe that's just me wanted to find the best! Our little kitten even got a bow tie for the big day.



This year I have bought Jacob only a few outfits as once again the older he is getting the less cuter the outfits but I am making sure that Thomas at least gets one year of amazing outfits and got the boys a few matching ones too! Especially some matching Christmas PJ's for their Christmas eve boxes I am going to be making very soon! I think I might be more excited then they are when it comes to Christmas and it will be probably one of the most special ones we have had as this is Jacob's first year that he fully understands Father Christmas and they whole day.


What traditions did you used to have or still have now?

Follow my Instagram to follow my daily posts of the boys outfits this year!

Comments

Popular Posts