Do i change my appearance because i’ve had a baby?

I have never really looked at myself and thought of having any procedures to change my appearance before.

The only procedure I have wanted to get was a breast augmentation, after my first child to which during my pregnancy my boobs grew a hell of a lot which has left them in not such a good way, once all my milk had gone. It's something that I am very conscious of and will get sorted once I have finished having children...possibly one more child to go ha! I don't want to ruin them after spending all that money.



I have never been one for needles and not really wanted to mess around with the way I look surgery wise. I've not been against it and I take my hat off to people that do, it a huge thing to change your physical appearance as most procedures aren't exactly reversible. Don't get me wrong I have never thought of myself to be beautiful but on average I have never had anything I desperately wanted to change or been overly unhappy with.

Since having Thomas I have never felt so insecure with the way I look. I definitely now understand when people say about social media having such a big impact. It really does. I mean I know that people are only gonna post the 'best' picture of themselves with filters and editing to them etc... but I cannot help but het sucked into wishing I had hair like that, lips and teeth like that- the list is truly endless. I have 100% looked at myself in a different light since having my second child and it isn't something I like at all.

Beauty is such a huge part of someone's self confidence and learning to love yourself is hard to do when you are constantly picking out the faults which you see. My partner is very supportive and caring and is constantly complimenting me and says he loves me the way I am and calls me beautiful. All this definitely makes me happy but deep down it hard for compliments to change my opinion of myself no matter what anybody says, you are your own worst enemy. There is so many things that I have now considered wanting to change in the future, whether or not I actually do them is another thing but I have certainly thought about my appearance a lot more. On a daily basis I really cannot be bothered to wear makeup or actually do my hair nor do I have the time. But if/when I take a picture with the kids or when I go out and have the time to get ready I have very aware of how I look and constantly thinking of retaking that picture or just wishing for all the things I do not have.

It's human nature to want what we do not have and to explore new fashions and trends but when it comes down to beauty and appearances... we only see what society says is 'beautiful.' Pregnancy and motherhood amongst other experiences that can lead to body changes definitely had a huge impact on your self confidence. I truly believe that if something is making you unhappy and you want to change it.. why not! I think as long as you are doing it for yourself and no body is putting pressure on you, that is all that matters. I am just very worried that if I do something I will make myself look worse or the whole 'growing old gracefully' will just not happen.






I think for now I will work on self loving and growing myself confidence before I go down the surgery route!

Have you experienced any self confidence/body issues and thought about surgery? Do you know how to love yourself again?




























Comments

Popular Posts