5 things i dont understand about some parents after kids!

I am always in envy of a lot of parent's that I see and follow on social media. I am fully aware that social media doesn't always show what's behind the camera but I still get sucked into wishing I could be one of those parent's in reality! Here are 5 things that I don't understand what new parent's can do after having kids...

1.
When new mums look like they have just stepped off the catwalk the day after birth....
I still spend most of my days (Thomas is nearly 5 months)  if I'm indoors, in PJ's, hair up and no makeup on! Even on the days I do leave the house I don't have time to get myself together and look presentable I just put whatever isn't in the wash and covered in sick or god knows what on and as long as I have had a cup of tea then I'm ready to go, I would love to be one of those put together mums but honestly I'm all about comfort and if I could wear my PJ's and dressing gown outside I would!

2. When new parents have amazingly tidy houses!
I mean don't get me wrong I'm not the tidiest person around but honestly I do washing most days and the pile NEVER goes down, every room looks pretty much like a bomb has hit even when I do clean it I'm sure the messy monsters are out behind me undoing it all. I know that social media is deceiving and not many people are going to show a room that is untidy but honestly when you follow people for long enough and they are constantly putting up pictures or stories and their house is spotless!! HOW?! If you have any helpful tips at all, please share. I hate living in mess but I cannot seem to get on top of it all!!

3. Diets and healthy eating.
I don't exactly eat unhealthy but honestly, I don't even have the time or motivation to make some Jamie Oliver meal filled with veg and 20 different ingredients. I don't even eat 3 meals a day, I hardly ever eat breakfast. rarely eat lunch I snack throughout the day and the only meal I do eat is dinner and even then at the moment its whatever I can actually be bothered to make that is quick and easy as I'm so drained from the day and just counting down the hours till I can actually go to sleep!

4. Lots of creative playtimes, adventure days and fun packed afternoons!
This is something I massively envy whilst looking through social media and seeing all the fun activities that some parents do with their children on regular basis. I'm not just talking a trip to the park up the road but days out on adventures in the forests, One parent taking multiple kids swimming. Afternoon's filled with creative play with tools from everyday household essentials. I don't even know what day I am on half the time, remembering if it was yesterday I had a cup of tea or was that this morning? Let alone finding fun creative things to do, along with the motivation to go out and about with the kids walking miles....might be because my son doesn't like walking too far before he gets tired and grumpy but still! I would love to think up amazing games and crafts to do with my son but in all honesty, we love a bit of a play with his figures and cars, some colouring and a movie!

5.
How baby brain doesn't affect some women!!!
This is a huge problem that has most definitely effected me, not as bad from my first born but most definitely with my second. I struggle to focus on any task that I really need to get done. Forgetting pretty much everything. I cannot remember what day it is without checking my phone. At the end of every exhausting day when most people get ready to sleep. I'm no doubt laying suddenly wide awake thinking of all the chores I probably should of got done or still need to do or pretty much anything that comes to my mind gets thoroughly analysed before I can fall asleep to not remember anything in the morning! I am not sure how baby brain can not affect so many women and if they are affected how they cope and get on top or trying to get your brain back in some kind of order.


These are all things I envy of parent's! All things that I struggle to do, but wish I could keep on top of. Any helpful tips for any of the lings of this list or anything that you find you don't understand, leave in the comments below! 

Comments

Popular Posts